Monday, October 27, 2014

My Name Poem

I didn't like my name at first
It made me feel like an outcast like a curse
No one knew how to say it right.
When I explained it it was a big fight
No one understood the apostrophe
Just why couldn't they see
It made the e say a
That's how I pronounce it everyday

But now I see
How my name is really meant to be
It's not meant to be like a curse
It's meant to put me first

It tells me im passionate
Even says I'm compassionate
May seem like lies to you
But oh boo how
I have a magnetic personality
Can't you see this is reality
My name isn't like the rest
It's actually the best
It makes me alone in a crowd
But with this name I'm proud

I'm a humatarian I do things for humanity makes me a hero
My zodiac is a Leo

13 comments:

  1. Very nice poem your rhyme scheme was very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you said nobody understands the apostrophe and it rhymes also, muy bien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting stuff I never knew about you. I never knew you were a leo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you described that people don't understand your name but you understand it and what it means to you. It's like you don't care about what others think of your name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your rhyming and the way you ended it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how at first you didn't like it then you said it made u feel like a hero

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keondre'
    You have a nice solid rhyme scheme. I think your diction was very clear and appropriate for this piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job because you knew how you wanted your poem to pan out. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your your rhymes schemes were very nice. I never knew your zodiac was Leo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you said "my name isn't like the rest, it's actually the best." Nice job !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you thought your name was a curse but you soon realized it was something special. I think that explains how everyone feels about their name. Good job!

    ReplyDelete